About The YouthSpeak Program
- A leadership and workforce development program for youth and young adults ages 14-18 who reside within the Boston Housing Authority System.
- This Leadership and Workforce Development program is done thru the creative lens (utilizing the arts).
- Priority is given to people of Color and LGBTQ+ individuals.
- Priority is given to folks who reside in Boston Public Housing and Section 8.
- We have summer and after-school cohorts.
- Participants have several classes/workshops where they work in creativity while addressing social issues, looking into Leadership, Workforce Development, and Public Health issues.
BHA Leadership Youth Committee
From each cohort, we will be identifying future leaders for our Boston Housing Authority Youth Leadership Committee.
- We will be selecting up to 30 youths.
- The committee will meet and discuss issues specific to the BHA neighborhoods.
Case Management Services
The program offers one on one case management services for participants and their families to connect with community resources and address other personal and family needs.
Raymond J Rodriguez
What We Do?
- We use an in-house curriculum that looks into Leadership, Public Health, and Workforce Development thru the creative lens.
- We do video/digital production, poetry, spoken word, shoes/clothing restoration, visual arts, painting, and dancing among other forms of art like mosaic work plus landscaping.
SPOKE YouthSpeak Program Classes